I have just finished a new how to about using water soluble film to create a machine embroidered material.
I decided a nice way of doing this would be to outline a few of the paisleys with twisted bugle beads.
The main part of the fabric is paisley patterned, and all the edges are finished with a scallop border with flowers. At the one end is a wide welt of triangular patterning.
I starting by looking at the fabric and trying to visualize which pieces of the pattern would look nice where.
Then the designing stage!
The two designs are quite similar appart from the under skirt and the pattern placement on the bra. In one I have used the paisley section for the main part and edged both centres with the scallop and flowers
On the other I have used the triangular pattern for the main section and positioned the diamonds just above the bust line.
Different aspects of both designs are going to be used on the final costume. The under skirt will be made of a lovely netty gold fabric, the bra will have the triangular patterning, and the belt instead of having the scallop at the top will have it lining the bottom edge framing the point. The hanging ties will have the paisley patterning and will be edged with the scallop edging as well.
Next thing is to make the pattern pieces and pin them out on the fabric.