I decided to use the embroidered material for the bust section, and the main fabric for the corset is a lovely rusty coloured taffeta edged in a plain brown cotton. The corset has boning to give it more shape, encased in orange ribbon.
I love making Hair Falls – and I have lots of new ones available on both my Etsy and eBay stores. Currently I do two different styles Flower and bow falls. They can even be custom made in a colour and length to suit you.
The costume is all finished now with the belt, underskirt, bra, armbands and beaded chain. This was a really fun costume to create and the material was beautiful to work with. I can’t wait to see it on stage!
This week I made the bra and arm cuffs. The bra was a little difficult as it was necessary to stitch pieces of patterned fabric together to look as if it was one continuous piece. The trim over the section where the neckties are attached also had to have a piece of fabric appliquéd over the top so that it gave a nice finish to the edge.
The back of the bra was finished with some elastic encased in lycra with a bra hook and eye closure for a secure closing. The neck ties were also made in a lycra so there is a little give around the neck for comfort.
last weekend was the Sapphire Summer Charity hafla in Llanfairfechan, North Wales. It was a great event with lots of talented dancers and a wonderful atmosphere. I danced in my new costume which was a dance version of Zia from Bastion.
The costume was slightly different to make than most of my others as it didn’t have very much embellishments. This made the fabrics and colours used even more important as I wasn’t going to be layering other items on top.